Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wish I could Have Said Goodbye by Shari A. Brady

I won a copy through the Goodreads' Firstreads program!

How do we deal when someone is ripped from our lives? Where do we turn? This is a novel that deals with the harsh reality of the sharp knife of a short life. Carmella (Mello) is reeling from the death of her older sister. As the reader, you walk through the grieving process with her, her family, and family friends.
I found honesty in this book, as someone who has lost many loved ones. The raw emotions, distancing, and physical pain are all very real effects. There's always that light at the end, that person or place to pull you back to the land of the living. Mello finds hers in a boy who is different from most.

I would recommend this book to anyone dealing with loss, or to anyone wanting to understand what it's like. I will look for more from this author! Happy reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment