Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Sentinels by Linn Schwab

**I received a copy from the author through Goodreads.**

Like the idea and world created - needs a little work.

First off, this is reminiscent of the “Ender’s Game” series, but with all female heroines (refreshing!). You follow groups of ‘sentinel’ fighters on their journey to battle earthling men trying to take over the sentinel’s home planet Valhalla. There are brief hints towards why the conflict started, and numerous ominous moments of what’s to unfold. As I said previously, I really like the idea of this book.
On the flip-side, the storyline is most appropriate for the YA genre/generation, and should probably be labeled as such.  I found the characters lacking in development, but maybe that comes with subsequent novels in the series! Some of the plot twists and conversations are too “spelled out” for the discerning reader, but this isn’t necessarily bad for younger readers.

Overall, I don’t think I’m looking forward to the sequel, but it’s worth a read for someone starting their reading journey. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment