Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

After reading Veronica Roth's "Divergent", I was excited to finally get around to reading the next installment.


"Insurgent" picks up with Tris and Tobias wading through their relationship issues while trying to save the world. Tris is headstrong as ever, trying to deal with the murder she had to commit, and the loss of her parents. Meanwhile Tobias is finally full of all the emotion he lacked in the first book. Factions war against factions in a society intended to prevent such occurrences, and many characters lose loved ones. The ending is not something I easily guessed, and made me want to read the final "Allegiant".

Although there are many books out there with this same theme, I really enjoy how the author pulls you into this world. With just enough romance to keep things interesting, and enough action to keep me awake - this is quickly becoming a favorite series. I can't help root for these characters, and can't wait to see what's to come. Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment