Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Swimming Monkeys by Steve Hadden

I won a copy through the Goodreads Firstreads program.

I really liked this concept...it's always interesting to think about different possibilities in adaptation. Although I believe in Creationism, I like to learn about other viewpoints.

Hadden weaves a story that is parts Tomb Raider and Da Vinci Code, but wholly unique. The characters are enjoyable, and the story is fast-paced.
The only downside to this book, for me, was the length. Some parts drag on too long, and made me want to skim over the pages. I don't think the reader needs such a handholding all through the story, but that's just my opinion.

Overall, I enjoyed this book, and will probably read the next two. Hopefully the writing picks up a bit as the series continues! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment