Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Construct 11 Part II: Trust and Loyalty by Anna Lynn Miller

First Impression: I can't wait to read Part II in this dystopian series!


Characters: Daniel and the rest of the Seventeens grow and mature while acquiring knowledge the Leaders never wanted them to find. Caretakers (parents) show their human flaws, and a predator roams the Construct.

World Building: Life inside Construct 11 is appropriately depicted as confining. I can't imagine living in a world where the sky is only seen through the roof of a building. There's a not-so-surprising yet satisfying ending to this installment that makes me want to read the third!

Writing Style: I appreciate Miller's ability to write for all ages while keeping seasoned readers interested. Once in a while I wished for better conversations between the teenage characters however, as they felt very Leave It To Beaver.

What I Enjoyed: Many of the themes in this series and installment are new ideas. Secret lives and hidden treasures made me bring this book with me everywhere. The chracters are overall authentic and the plot deals with issues in everyday society.

Deal Benders: The women are all depicted as helpless and emotional children who need men to protect them - this really annoyed me even though it makes sense in such a closed society story. I would like to see stronger female characters in Part 3 please!

Overall Rating: 4 stars - I really like this story and want to find out if the characters leave the Construct. Hopefully creating space for capable females along the way.

Recommended Reading:

The Lying Planet by Carol Riggs City of Words by Steven J. Carroll Hurst (The Hurst Chronicles #1) by Robin Crumby Truth (The Geneva Project, #1) by Christina Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment