Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Cosmic Machiavelli by Thejendra B.S

I won a copy through the Goodreads Firstreads program.

The premise for this book is interesting enough, and there are points throughout that will make you smirk. For me, sadly, that's the end of what I enjoyed.
I'm always open to a God interpretation, but this book should be disclaimed as an "all paths to millions of different gods" philosophy. Although a work of fiction, it jumps all over the place during conversation, and fails to keep your attention past the first few chapters. This book could be rewritten with less propaganda and more humor.

Also, one cannot use the word "irrespective" on almost every page! If you're looking for a synonym, might I suggest regardless, heedless, in spite of, notwithstanding, despite, without regard to, or ignoring.

I realize this is a bit harsh, but I will not give every book 4 or 5 stars just because I won it...honesty is the best policy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment