Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa

First Impression: Great reviews and an animal's perspective usually make for a good story.



Characters: The people are observed by a cat, and maybe that's why they are uninteresting. The cat itself is simple and boring.

World Building: I don't want to go on the road with someone while he visits friends, and I definitely don't enjoy doing so in a book.

Writing Style: Maybe something got lost in translation, but the writing was too simple for me. More like middle grade fiction.

What I Enjoyed: It was a cute story, just not memorable.

Deal Benders: I think everyone who adores this book must be a cat lover, because I don't get the big deal. It was OK, but too hyped up for the delivery. Disappointed overall.

Overall Rating: 2 stars - I've already forgotten about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment